Thursday, July 21, 2016

Around the world in a week with my daughter - Culinary Adventure Staycation (Day 3 - Lunch: Argentinian)

Day 3: Lunch- Argentinian
Restaurant : Puerto La Boca (Puerto La Boca)

Food:
Empanada- we had the chicken
Morcilla - Argentinian blood sausage
Mollejas Al Jerezo A La Parilla - Sauteed Sweetbreads
For Entree: Picana- Slices Cullote
For Dessert: Milhojas (layered pastry)

Taste:
Chicken Empanada was excellent.
Blood Sausage was very different than what I expected. Creamy in texture and well spiced.
Sweetbreads was the first for me. My daughter likes the crispiness and taste of it and I just could not go beyond the gaminess of it and not my favorite I realized.
Stake was cooked just right with slight crispy bits of fat at the ends. Went very well with their home made Chimmichuri sauce. Garlic fries it came with were great. Crispy and garlicky.
The dessert was carameley goodness.

Good price I thought. Was around $45 including tax and tip.

Ambiance: Very nice. Good service. Quiet well set tables inside. We sat street side and it is nice place for eating while people watching and watching those planes fly by to land at the airport.

I have taken a week off from work to do a culinary stacation with my 10 year old daughter who is a bigger foodie than myself and an adventurous foodie too.
I wanted to make this experience a memorable one and squeeze in a little bit of learning too.
We will be exploring different cuisines from around the world and learning about their culture and traditions around food.




0 comments:

Post a Comment