Thursday, July 21, 2016

Around the world in a week with my daughter - Culinary Adventure Staycation (Day 4 -Dinner: Mongolian)

Day 4: Dinner - Mongolian
Restaurant : Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot

Food:
To begin with we had a Grilled Chicken Wing Skewer
We got a half and half broth (spicy and house special). We got 2 meats (Chicken and Beef), 2 veggies (Baby Bak-Choy and knotted Sea weed), Head on Shrimp and House special noodles.
Sour plum juice.
They gave 6 pieces of sliced oranges along with the cheque.

Taste:
It was good. It is not the best hot pot I have had. But, the ones I have had before are not Mongolian but Schezwan. Maybe my expectations were different. Vegetables and Meats were fresh. Sour Plum Juice was our first and tasted like BBQ sauce.

Ambiance:
Good service. Clean and nice place. The servers were friendly and helpful in explaining the choices. My daughter had fun cooking and eating.

It cost us around $45 including tax and tips.

I have taken a week off from work to do a culinary staycation with my 10 year old daughter who is a bigger foodie than myself and an adventurous foodie too.
I wanted to make this experience a memorable one and squeeze in a little bit of learning too.
We will be exploring different cuisines from around the world and learning about their culture and traditions around food.
 — at Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot, San Diego 小肥羊.


0 comments:

Post a Comment