Of lately, my daughter has taken a liking to chutneys. She loves them on anything. I have been trying chutneys that are simple, quick and healthy. I tried this combination last week and it turned out really good.
· Almonds – 1 cup – I used the raw kind. Not the roasted.
· Mint – 1 cup loosely packed - Take the leaves out of the stem.
· Desiccated coconut – 2 table spoons
· Garlic – 2 pods
· Salt – 1 tea spoon (add per taste)
· Green Chilies – 4-6 in number (add per taste)
· Tamarind paste – ½ tea spoon (add per taste)
· Water – 1 cup (add more if you like thinner consistency)
· Olive oil – 1 tea spoon
· Curry leaves – 4-6 in number
· Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
Blend all the above ingredients well till a smooth paste like consistency is attained. Dish it out in the serving bowl. For seasoning, heat the oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Once the oil starts smoking, add the mustard seeds and wait till they splatter. Add the curry leaves and take the pan off the heat. Add this seasoning to the chutney. Simple, quick and healthy Almond Mint chutney is ready to be enjoyed with naan, chapati, roti, poori, idly, dosa, bread or just plain rice.