It is almost summer in Arizona and nothing beats the heat like a fresh cold bowl of fruit salad. I can have fruit salad for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This fruit salad is non-alcoholic. It just uses some of the ingredients used in a Mojito.
- Strawberries - 2 cups (cut into bite size pieces)
- Mango - 2 cups (cut into bite size pieces)
- Pineapple - 2 cups (cut into bite size pieces)
- Grapes - 2 cups (each grape cut into half)
- Blueberries - 1 cup
- Lemon/Lime juice - 1 table spoon
- Agave nectar - 1 table spoon (this can be substituted with Sugar, Maple syrup or Splenda)
- Mint leaves - 1 table spoon lightly packed (chopped small)
- Ginger powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt - 1 pinch
Mix all the fruits together except the Blueberries in a bowl. To a small box with a tight lid, add Lemon/Lime juice, Agave nectar, Ginger powder, Salt and Mint leaves. Close the lid and shake it well. Pour this dressing over the fruit salad. Add the Blueberries, just before serving and give it a light toss.
- If you mix in the Blueberries along with other fruits, all the fruits take on the color of Blueberries.
- You can top it with whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream.
- You can add in a table spoon on Rum for those late night desert fruit salad for adults.