My daughter loves noodles. To bring some variety, I used Mung bean noodles instead of the usual egg noodles for stir fry and we all love it! It takes on the flavors of the ingredients used to cook really well.
My husband is a vegetarian and my daughter does not eat very spicy food. So, usually, I end up making 3 versions of the same food I cook. I keep some noodles aside before adding spice and stir in the grilled chicken for my daughter. I add only tofu for my husband, chicken for myself once I add the spice.
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prep and cook.
- Mung bean noodle - 250 grams
- Firm Tofu / Grilled chicken - 200 grams cut into bite size pieces
- Frozen mixed vegetables - 2 cups (mine had Carrots, Beans, Peas and Corn)
- Olive oil - 6 table spoons
- Salt - 1 table spoon (add per taste)
- Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 table spoon
- Sambar powder / Curry powder - 2 table spoons
- Cumin powder - 1 table spoon
- Chili powder - 1/2 table spoon (add per taste)
- Soy sauce - 1 table spoon
- Vinegar - 1 table spoon
Bring half a gallon of water to boil. Drop the Mung bean noodles into the boiling water and cook for about 7-8 mins. Strain the noodles and place aside. Heat a wide pan to medium. Add tofu / grilled chicken and vegetables to this and saute for about 4-5 mins. Add the remaining ingredients except chili powder and saute for 1 more minute. Add the Mung bean noodles and stir thoroughly until the ingredients mix evenly with the noodles. Keep some aside for non spicy version. Add the chili powder to the rest of the noodles and stir it evenly.
- The Mung bean noodles tend to be very long. I cut them using scissors once they are cooked and strained.
- You can find Mung bean noodles in most of the asian markets