One more of the lazy day recipes. Easy to make and tasty to eat!! Takes less than 30 minutes to make both the Quesadillas and the salad.
Ingredients: For Quesadilla
· Whole wheat tortillas – 4
· Onions – 1 cup – chopped coarsely
· Zucchini – 2 medium – chopped into bite size pieces
· Anaheim chilies – 1 cup. Grilled and chopped (I used the bottled grilled Anaheim chilies). This can be substituted to any other kind like pickled Jalapenos. Exclude this for non-spicy version.
· Grilled chicken – 2 cups (I used the frozen fajita chicken strips). Exclude this for the Veg version
· Cheese – 1 cup shredded (I used the frozen low fat Mexican 3 cheese blend)
· Olive oil – 2 table spoons
· Salt – 1 tea spoon (add per taste)
To a pan on medium heat, add 1 table spoon of oil and let it heat. Add Onions and Zucchini and saute for 3-4 minutes until half cooked and still crisp. Keep aside. On the side to assemble the Quesadilla, place the tortilla flat on the surface. To one half side of the tortilla, add the sauteed vegetables, Anaheim chilies (these are not spicy usually), Grilled chicken and sprinkle the cheese and salt on top. Fold the empty side of the half tortilla over to form a semi circle. To a flat pan/griddle on medium heat, place the assembled Quesadilla and toast it on both sides until the cheese melts and the tortilla crisps up a little bit. Take aside. and cut it into wedges. Tasty Quesadilla are ready to eat!!
Ingredients : For Salad
- Romaine lettuce - 2 cups finely chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Broccoli - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 table spoon
- Olive Oil - 1 tea spoon
- Salt - 1/2 tea spoon (add per taste)
- Pepper - 1/4 tea spoon (add per taste)
To a bowl, add Olive oil, Lemon, Salt and Pepper and whisk it till it turns murky. Then, add the rest of the vegetables and mix it well just before serving. If you are planning on making this ahead of time, add the dressing just before serving to keep the vegetables crispy.