My parents-in-law are visiting us and man....my MIL cooks up a feast!! So since past week, I'm pigging out :) I have not cooked much either. I made this Bhindi fry with chapatti so that my MIL can gets a break :)
This simple Bhindi fry takes less than 30 minutes to make and does not need much prepping either.
Almost forgot to mention. This clicked this picture :)
- Bhindi (Okra) - 2 pounds cut into small pieces (I used the cut frozen okra)
- Sambar powder - 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
- Chili powder - 1 tea spoon (add per taste)
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (add per taste)
- Amchur (dry Mango) powder - 1 tea spoon
- Olive oil - 3 table spoons
To a shallow frying pan on medium heat, add Olive oil. Let it heat and then put the Bhindi. Turn the heat to high and fry the Bhindi for about 10-15 minutes until the okra is cooked and gets crispy on the edges. Lower the heat and add all other ingredients except Chili powder. Mix well. Take some aside for the non spicy version. Turn the heat off and add the Chili powder and mix well. Tasty Bhindi fry is ready to eat!! This can be eaten with Chapati, Roti, Phulka, Tortilla, as a side with Yogurt rice, etc.
When frying the Bhindi, do not stir very hard. This will make the Bhindi mushy.