Back from a week long vacation and for some simple home cooked meals. My daughter and I love fish! As my husband is a vegetarian, I usually end up making 2 meals when I prepare non-veg dishes. Simpler the better :) This is a very simple preparation and takes very less prep and bake time.
- Fish - 2 pounds staked (You can use any kind of fish. I used Rainbow Trout)
- Turmeric - 1 tea spoon
- Ginger Paste - 2 tea spoons
- Garlic Paste - 2 tea spoons
- Cilantro - 2 table spoons
- Lemon Juice - 2 table spoons
- Basil - 1 table spoon
- Kala Namak/Black Salt - 1 table spoon (add per taste. You can substitute this for simple salt, rock salt, etc)
- Green Chilies - 5 (add per taste)
- Olive oil - 2 table spoons
- Aluminium foil - as required
Make a fine paste of Cilantro and Basil (Green Chilies for spicy version). To this paste, add the rest of the ingredients except Olive oil. Clean and prep the Fish. Apply the paste inside and outside of the fish thoroughly. Layer the Aluminium foil to a baking sheet/pan. Pour half the Olive oil onto the foil. Place the fish on this. Pour the remaining Olive oil on top of the fish. Cover it with another foil and bake at 400 deg F (around 205 deg C) for about 20-30 minutes (differs from one Owen to another) until the fish is cooked through. Garnish with Lemon and Cilantro.
I used my toaster Owen for baking and it worked perfectly.