Some days, I get into this mood of not going any where close to the stove. I just want to microwave something or just order in. This recipe is for one of those days. Needs no cooking. Just assembling. Takes about 15 minutes.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1 pound shredded or chopped into bite size pieces (you can also use the grilled chicken)
- Canned Black beans - 15 ounce drained and washed till water runs clear
- Tortilla/ Chapati - 3-4 (I used the Cilantro-Jalapeno tortilla)
- Lettuce - 1 cup chopped
- Spinach - 1 cup (I used the organic ready to use)
- Red Onion - 1/4 cup chopped fine
- Tomato - 1 medium sized chopped
- Cilantro - 2 table spoons chopped fine
- Salt - 1/2 tea spoon (add per taste)
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Olive oil - 1 table spoon
- Hot sauce - 1 table spoon (I used the Louisiana hot sauce)
Base mixture (Veg):
Take the Black beans in a bowl. Add Salt, Garam masala powder, Olive oil, Onion, Tomato, Cilantro, Spinach and Lettuce (Add the hot sauce for the spicy version). Mix well.
Base mixture (Non-Veg):
Take the Black beans in a bowl. Add Salt, Garam masala powder, Olive oil, Onion, Tomato, Cilantro, Spinach, Lettuce and Chicken (Add the hot sauce for the spicy version). Mix well.
For Veg Burrito (Picture 1):
Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Add the Base mixture (Veg) to this. Roll it up and it is ready to eat!
For Non-Veg Burrito (Picture 2):
Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Place some Spinach leaves on the tortilla. Add the Base mixture (Non-Veg) to this. Roll it up and it is ready to eat!
Salad (Picture 3):
You can add additional Spinach or Lettuce to the Veg Base mixture or the Non-Veg base mixture to make it into a fresh salad!