Since my childhood, I look forward to Friday evenings, not only because it is the beginning of the weekend but, also because we make something nice to eat in the evening to start the weekend off. I have carried this tradition on and hopefully, my daughter will look forward to Friday evenings too! Spicy, Yummy, Chili Chicken Wings was our Friday evening indulgence past week...It is very simple to make and does not require any oil as the wings are fatty by themselves.
- Chicken Wings - 2-3 pounds cleaned and cut into sections
- Green Chilies - 8-10 slit in the center (add per taste)
- Turmeric - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Ginger Paste - 1 table spoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 table spoon
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Clove Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Onion Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Lemon Juice - 2 table spoons
- Salt - 1 table spoon (add per taste)
- Water - 1 cup
To a pan on medium heat, add the chicken wings, Salt, Turmeric and water. Let it cook with closed lid for about 15 minutes (or until the wings are cooked completely). Now, open the lid and add all the other ingredients. Saute it until dry and all the ingredients are well mixed with the Chicken. Now, turn the heat to high and roast the wings until the skin is a little brown and crispy. Spicy hot chicken wings are ready to be served. I love to eat it by itself. It can also be served with white rice, Fragrant Ghee Rice or roti/chapati.