This is one of my goto preparations when I am hungry and craving for something savory. Very easy to make and satisfies the taste buds.
- Chick peas/Garbanzo beans/Chana cooked - 2 pounds (I used the canned ones)
- Onions - 1 medium chopped fine
- Olive Oil - 2 table spoons
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (add to taste)
- Red chili powder - 1 tea spoon (add to taste)
- Fennel seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Black pepper - 1/2 tea spoon
Firstly, dry grind the ingredients in pickle spices. To a pan on medium heat, add Olive Oil. Let it hear up. Then add the Onions. Saute for a few minutes or until they turn semi soft. Add the pickle spice powder, salt and red chili powder. Saute for 2 minutes. Now, add the Chana and mix well. Add water if needed for consistency. Close the lid of the pan and let it heat well. Serve hot with white rice, Fragrant ghee rice, chapati, roti or it can be eaten as is.