Breakfast for lunch or dinner is my favourite. One pot meal..quick and easy to make...delicious to eat!! This dish takes about 15 to 20 minutes including the preparation.
- Bread - 8 to10 slices (I used sourdough with crust on) - cut roughly into bite size pieces
- Olive Oil - 2 table spoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves - 8 to10 number
- Green Chilies - 4 to 5 chopped fine (add per taste)
- Salt - 1 table spoon (add per taste)
- Water - 1/2 cup to 1 cup
To a pan on medium heat, add Olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add Mustard and Cumin seeds. Wait for them to splutter. Then add the curry leaves and Green Chilies. Then add Salt and Turmeric powder. Lower the heat on the pan. Now add the cut bread and mix well. Sprinkle water till the bread is a little softer but not wet. Mine needed about 1/2 a cup. Cover the pan and heat for about 5 more minutes. Turn the heat off. Hot fragrant Breat upma is ready to be served. You can serve it by itself or with some plain yogurt.