Eggplant is one of those vegetables which is very easy to cook and takes on the flavours very well. This recipe is for one of those week nights when you don't have enough time or energy to make something elaborate but, want to eat something tasty, healthy and easy to make.
- Eggplant - 2 cups
- Onion - Sliced thin and long - 1/2 cup
- Tomato - Chopped fine- 1 cup
- Cilantro - 2 table spoons - finely chopped
- Coriander powder - 1 table spoon
- Cumin powder - 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 tea spoon
- Garlic - finely chopped - 1 table spoon
- Salt - 1 table spoon (add per taste)
- Red chili powder - 1 table spoon (add per taste)
- Olive oil - 1 table spoon
- Water - 1 cup (add additional per desired consistency)
To a pan on medium heat, add onions. Saute till translucent. Add Tomatoes and saute till soft. Add all other ingredients and close the lid. Cook until the eggplant is soft. This will take about 15 minutes. Serve it with some Chapati, Roti or Rice.