Summer is fast approaching and it is time to switch from warm soups to crispy crunchy salads. This salad can be served as a starter or you can make it a meal by adding some grilled chicken or thinly sliced lunch meat.
- Cucumber - 3 cups - peeled and sliced thin
- Radish - 1 cup - sliced thin
- Onion - 1 to 2 table spoons thinly sliced
- Hummus - 2 table spoons (I used store bought Garlic hummus)
- Sumac - 1 tea spoon
- Crushed pepper powder - 1 tea spoon
- Salt - add per taste
- Lemon - 1 table spoon
- Grilled Chicken/lunch meat (Optional) - 1/2 cub sliced
Mix all the ingredients well in a glass bowl. Tasty cucumber hummus salad is ready to be served.
Note: I learnt this tip from a good friend. Washing the Onions few times in ice water makes it crunchier and removes the spicyness from it (I get heart burn if I eat raw Onions and this helped).